Nature is unpredictable and, as a result, natural risks cannot be ignored in rubber tree stands and rubber tree plantations. They essentially consist of biological risks, fire and site risks.
- TIMBERFARM does everything to minimize and control these risks. Thanks to its exceptional properties the rubber tree meets these aspirations. Natural antibodies make the rubber tree durable and robust. Especially the rubber tree varieties used by TIMBERFARM are considered to be insensitive to biotic and abiotic damaging factors.
- In the tropical climate zone, in which a certain humidity is always present even during the dry season, forest fires are almost unknown. Rubber trees are also flame-retardant. Regardless, in all Rubber tree plantations have created fire barriers and natural protection zones that prevent fire from developing in the undergrowth.
- The choice of location for TIMBERFARM rubber tree plantations is a comprehensive and demanding process, which in addition to the suitability for latex and wood production, the risks in the areas of earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and storm and Flood potential clarified.
-There is no latent volcanic risk in Panama and the rubber tree plantations range from flat to slightly hilly terrain, in which even large masses of water drain off well and both landslides and floods, which could affect the growth of the tree population can be largely excluded.
-Since rubber wood reacts sensitively to backwater, additional water drainage and drainage systems are installed if necessary drainage systems were built.
-Panama lies outside the Caribbean cyclone zone. On the one hand, it is located over 1,000 kilometres further north. On the other hand, due to their predetermined direction of rotation, cyclones that occur there always strike in a north-easterly direction away from Panama.
-All TIMBERFARM rubber tree plantations are protected behind the up to 3,000 meter high mountain range "Cordillera Central" on the Pacific side, which is turned away from the Caribbean (the Pacific Ocean is also called Pacific Ocean, Paz= peace).
The intrinsic value and value development of rubber trees must be viewed on a differentiated basis, as it depends on numerous factors.
- Long-term observations show that agricultural and forestry property is fundamentally a secure and stable asset that can survive crises and economic recessions largely unscathed.
- Biological volume growth and ongoing latex production play a decisive role here, as they occur independently of any economic situation.
- Neither rubber nor rubber wood are subject to sales pressure. Unfavourable market and price conditions can be avoided at any time. Processed rubber can be stored indefinitely and standing rubber trees continue to increase in volume and value while favourable market conditions can be awaited.
Economic success often depends on the skills and experience of the people involved. A potential loss of such service and know-how providers can call the desired economic result into question.
- The TIMBERFARM Group is managed by entrepreneurs and professionals who are not only well trained, but also have many years of experience in the field of agriculture and forestry
- Key people are involved in the company wherever possible.
- Die TIMBERFARM Gruppe wird von Unternehmern und Fachleuten geleitet, die nicht nur gut ausgebildet sind, sondern auch über eine
langjährige Erfahrung im Bereich der Agrar- und Forstwirtschaft verfügen.
- Schlüsselpersonen sind nach Möglichkeit am Unternehmen beteiligt.
Rubber tree stands and rubber tree plantations that are geared to economic efficiency require systematic care and maintenance. Plantation management, latex extraction and rubber and rubber wood processing depend on the competence, experience and resources of the persons in charge of these activities.
- TIMBERFARM takes care, maintenance, harvesting and recycling of natural rubber and rubber wood. The company has both the necessary skills and experience, as well as the appropriately qualified personnel, to implement all agricultural and forestry activities efficiently and economically successfully.
- The management and recycling services are implemented within the framework of a management and recycling contract, which covers all work and activities involved.
- The services are result-oriented and the remuneration is based on the economic success of the rubber trees under management or rubber tree plantations.
Revenue forecasts should always be treated with caution, all the more so if they relate to a longer period. These are calculations and estimates based on a wide variety of factors that may change and subsequently lead to completely different results than those presented in the forecasts.
-The TIMBERFARM yield and revenue forecasts have been prepared to the best of our knowledge and belief. In the calculations, own growth data and data from scientifically accompanied, good to very good rubber tree plantations which are professionally managed.
-All data come from rubber plantations with an identical or similar planting and management system, in which latex harvesting begins from year 5 and continues until at least year 15. After the last latex harvest the rubber trees are recycled.